
Last night I watched a film called Dogville. Well – to tell the truth – I didn't exactly watch all of it. I did try, I really did, but by the time Nicole Kidman had made her slender and waifly way onto the set I had grown thoroughly bored with the interminable set and was forced to can the thing. I probably wouldn't mind watching a film set on a small stark stage with lines painted on the ground to represent the outlines of houses if it didn't look so groaningly dismally dull. The whole reason I like watching films is because I like looking at stuff – and if I'm going to look at stuff, I want it to be worth looking at somehow. It wasn't the sameness of it so much as the hideously bad lighting – seriously it was like a car-park at night lit by security lighting. Anyway that's just one of my little foibles – the visual thing being most important and all that. Apparently Kidman gave a very good performance, I just couldn't bear to watch her do it against such a grey, grey grim background. I skipped through the film and it basically involves her being stitched up by this rather horrid little community she takes refuge in. None too nice I daresay. But I am in no position to say anything to discourage others from watching it. Since I didn't do so myself. Oh dear, this is not the worlds most scintillating review is it???? I think I will just go off and play my Glockenspiel... or possibly plant tulips in my hair, it's the new look so I hear. Not that I am interested in fasion ahem ahem. She is so wondourously spindlish and tall, though isn't she – Nicole Kidman I mean...... and she can act!..... I think that it could be a film worth watching for those less visually sensitised than myself (and perhaps less tired than I was last night.) Who knows???????????????????????????????????

No comments:
Post a Comment